Boots Health & Beauty, Art Editor - FTC
Fixed term Contract (one year initially but with a view to extend to a permanent role)
Boots Health & Beauty Magazine is seeking to recruit a talented Art Editor to work within the art team on the Boots account.
The ideal candidate will have a fantastic understanding of women’s magazines and trends therein, will have bags of enthusiasm and the ability to generate inspirational creative ideas at the drop of a hat for both print and digital media.
He or she will have a minimum of three years’ experience working at a senior level in magazine publishing and possess a full working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator as well as Content Management Systems.
The successful applicant will be experienced in commissioning and directing still life, beauty and real-life shoots and have excellent contacts with inspirational photographers and illustrators – and be calm and resourceful under pressure.
Reporting to the Group Art Director, the Art Editor’s responsibilities will include designing the print and digital issues and managing the day-to-day workflow and schedules so deadlines are met. He or she will also oversee the Designer on a day-to-day basis.
Boots Health & Beauty Magazine resides within WPP’s Boots Team, a dynamic and progressive content team at Ogilvy, based in Sea Containers House on London’s South Bank.
The office is a busy creative hub working across all channels in order to optimise resources and ensure the department is in a position of strength to meet new opportunities and challenges – across all channels.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience of the Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- A good knowledge of content management systems
- The ability to multitask, prioritise and excel in a fast-paced work environment
- The ability to take instructions and develop skill sets
- The ability to build strong working relationships with the team as well as external contractors
- A passion for photography, typography, illustration and editorial design
- A strong eye for detail
- An interest in digital design and animation
- A pro-active approach and the ability to work independently, under pressure and as part of a team, as well as being organised and methodical.
Please send your CV, along with any materials you feel may support your application by completing the application form below.
Apply for Boots Health & Beauty, Art Editor - FTC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly