Management in Practice & Healthcare Leader, Editor
This is an exciting opportunity to take a role shaping the editorial direction of two market-leading healthcare magazines.
The role will involve managing a deputy editor and a team of reporters and designers to produce the best news and feature content for our magazines and websites serving NHS commissioners and practice managers.
The right candidate will be experienced in setting a news agenda, be confident in delivering exclusive investigations and have top-quality writing and editing skills.
There will be plenty of scope to work on new projects for the brands as well as come up with plenty of ideas to keep improving the content and widen their reach.
The editor will also work with the Group Editor to set the editorial direction for Healthcare Leader and Management in Practice as well as feed into the company’s other publications which include Pulse, The Pharmacist and Nursing in Practice.
The right candidate will have at least five years’ experience in journalism. Trade journalism and/or health journalism is preferred, but not essential.
To apply, please send your CV to Editor-in-Chief Gemma Collins, by completing the application form below.
- At least five years’ experience in journalism;
- At least one years’ experience in an editor role;
- An analytical mind capable of designing and executing top-flight investigative journalism;
- Strong evidence of successful contact-based journalism and breaking exclusive news;
- A digital native, with a good knowledge of how to build and maintain online audiences and use social media to build brand awareness;
- Line management experience;
- A background in trade journalism;
- A background in health journalism;
- A background of commissioning articles;