Thomson Reuters, Speed Desk Editor - Germany / Austria / Switzerland (Berlin)
Thomson Reuters is a global leader in providing essential information to the world's businesses and professionals in Law, Financial Services, Tax & Accounting, Media & News, Healthcare and Scientific Research. With our deep expertise and understanding of these professions, we are able to offer our customers a broad range of innovative products and services.
Bring your passion
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage.
Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster.
We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
There is an immediate vacancy for a Speed Desk Editor, Germany / Austria / Switzerland (f/m) based in Berlin, Germany.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, news-hungry and tech-savvy journalist to join a new speed desk team in Berlin.
This role focuses on generating competitive snap timings, editing company news copy, monitoring local media and helping to cover breaking news in the Germany/Austria/Switzerland (DACH) region. It offers an opportunity to dive into the thick of the news file and experience many facets of coverage in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will help coordinate day-to-day coverage in the DACH region, assign tasks, liaise with desks and bureaus, and help plan for upcoming events.
The candidate will also be called upon to write spot copy and help cover breaking news where needed. The job requires a combination of quick wits, technology and editing skills and an ability to work under pressure.
- Filling regular shifts on the speed desk
- Generating competitive snap timings on company news and MPG items
- Coordinating spot news coverage for DACH bureaus
- Contributing to monitoring for the DACH region
- Writing spot copy when necessary
- Helping to cover breaking news
- Liaising with TV and pix teams to ensure stories are multimedia
- An understanding of economics and corporate financial statements
- Knowledge of the German, Austrian and Swiss company news universe and political landscape
- The ability and desire to acquire new tech skills and share them with team mates
- Fluent English, very strong German skills
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Strong news judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work under pressure and handle a variety of activities simultaneously
Please click 'Apply' now.
Thomson Reuters employees take pride in providing our customers around the world with information that is timely, accurate, unbiased and trusted. We have a profound respect for the professions and customers we serve and define our success in terms of their success.
Our work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a result-oriented culture that demands excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive – we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
Thomson Reuters values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.