MailOnline, Community Moderator
MailOnline is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Community Moderator to join the London bureau.
- Monitor running list of filed copy and make judgement calls on the type of moderation required
- Moderating reader comments based on house rules and legal requirements
- Monitor user discussions and flag any issues with senior communities editors
- Address reader queries relating to our communities policy and comments section
Requirements and qualifications
- 1+ years’ experience in moderating for digital community boards
- Prior journalistic experience desirable but not essential
- In-depth knowledge of current affairs from hard news to celebrity gossip
- Excellent judgment
- Knowledge of social platforms
- Understanding of media law and editorial covenants such as the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) and the UK Editors’ Code of Practice is desirable
- Flexible approach to shift patterns including weekend and night shifts
In addition to a competitive salary package, staff benefits include pension and healthcare.
MailOnline is the world’s largest English-language newspaper website with over 225 million monthly unique visitors globally.
Please send your CV and cover letter by completing the application form below.