Trinity Mirror, Interactive Content Editor
Are you a writer who understands the internet, knows how to give great content a push on social media and loves creating engaging, interactive content for a mass audience? Then read on...
We have partnered with Playbuzz to use their platform to create interactive stories - quizzes, lists, videos, polls and other simple, engaging formats.
We are building a team who will be creating this content across all our key subject areas: sport, news, showbiz, film & TV, trending and more.
We're looking for someone who will be able to come up with loads of brilliant ideas for these stories, write them, publish them on the Mirror and our regional titles across the country… and do that every single day, as we aim to hit our UK page-view targets.
The ideal candidate for this role will understand what sort of content will be successful on social - whether it be something with long-lasting, evergreen appeal, a fresh, engaging take on trending news or something that particularly resonates with a niche audience. You will be able to show us examples of articles and stories you have published which demonstrate this.
In addition to a competitive salary and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
- Scouring the internet and news for inspiration and fresh ideas every day
- Creating several bits of content per shift
- Working with social media teams across the company to push content out to widest possible audience
- Liaising with the existing editorial team to collaborate on output
- Using analytics to understand what sort of content is working - and what is not
- You could be working anywhere in digital media (recent graduates will also be considered) as long as you can show us you have the right skills when it comes to creating engaging content that delivers a large audience.
- You will be hungry, full of ideas and excited by the prospect of becoming part of a brand new team at Mirror Online
- You MUST be able to write funny, amusing, light-hearted copy
- You'll be adept at social media and know what works and what doesn't on Facebook and Twitter. You'll also know how to spot and jump on a trending search term.
- Some weekend and shift working may be required around big events
Click 'Apply' now. Following submission of your application via Tribepad (our internal applicant system) please email the with five ideas for articles you think would work on Mirror Online, with 'Interactive Content Creator' in the subject title. This will be considered in conjunction with your application.