Canvas8, Editor - Maternity Cover
3 days left
- Full Time
Canvas8 is the UK’s leading behavioural insights practice. We explore the intersection between human sciences, industry and popular culture to understand how people's behaviour is changing, and the impacts of these shifts.
Our flagship product is the Canvas8 Library, an online database of over 20,000 trend reports and case studies spanning 14 industries and nine key markets, subscribed to by global PR and creative agencies.
Supported by a network of experts, including TED speakers, MIT fellows and industry leaders, we analyse and report on human behaviour to educate and inspire brands and agencies worldwide. We recently informed the Nike LNDR campaign and provided the insights behind the Heineken moderate drinking ad.
Authoritative yet accessible, our work is about investigating the hidden insights in everyday life and the quirks of human behaviour. We‘re looking to recruit a culturally aware and commercially experienced editor who is comfortable in the world of consumer trends to lead an editorial team and deliver exceptional consumer research reports to a clear strategy, meeting tight deadlines.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Heading up the Library team, and working closely with the head of projects and strategy director, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the commissioning strategy for all trend reports, ensuring the team deliver content to meet the strict publishing schedule.
Working with the Client Services and Sales team, you’ll ensure all content commissioned meets our clients’ needs. And that means the content we publish is very varied – one day we explore why people are spending thousands on ‘fur babies’ and the next we get our clients up to speed with the latest Fintech developments.
You’ll be expected to mentor the in-house team as well as grow and engage our global network of industry, cultural and academic contacts. Alongside editing and commissioning, you’ll develop new content formats, research and write trend reports, and interview some of the smartest minds from around the world.
Our work investigates the hidden insights in everyday life, so the articles you’ll create, commission, and edit will be incredibly varied. It’s hard work, but stimulating, and your role will be instrumental in inspiring the world’s best brands, agencies and organisations.
- Leading a clear, strategic editorial direction
- Managing and growing a team
- Staying ahead of industry trends and cultural changes
- Rigorously planning and maintaining the publishing schedule
- Commissioning and editing exceptional content
- Managing commissioning budgets
- Setting deadlines and ensuring adherence
- Maintaining an expert network, keeping them happy and engaged
- Editing, proofing and copywriting
- Researching original pieces and developing new content types
- Interviewing thought leaders
As the face of the Canvas8 Library, you’ll be enthusiastic and approachable; you’ll enjoy meeting new people and building relationships with young writers and international experts alike.
Heading up the Library team, you’ll be a natural mentor and motivator. Taking on the role of educator, you’ll enjoy providing constructive feedback to the team and freelance family – with the end goal of making each trend report as useful and polished as possible.
You’ll have a minimum of six years’ experience working in a publishing environment, preferably within the trends and insight sector. Super-organised, you’ll take pride in your work and you’ll enjoy managing deadlines as much as creating new content. You’ll be adept at managing multiple deadlines and juggling commissioning budgets.
Culturally aware, you’ll be great at discussing and developing ideas, thinking laterally and applying them commercially. You'll be an accomplished interviewer, confident sparring with professors, researchers and experts to uncover the commercial insight.
A confident communicator, you’ll be happy presenting to global creative agencies, discussing cultural trends with international brands and networking at industry events. You’ll have a talent for editing, and take real joy in turning clunky copy or complex concepts into simple and articulate prose.
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of six years’ editorial experience, preferably in digital publishing
- Confident manager, leader and experience developing a team
- Exceptional organisation, managing schedules and a diverse pool of contributors
- Excellent communication, networking, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience commissioning content and managing budgets
- Excellent presentation and written skills
- An ability to distil complex ideas into plain English
- Experience working within the trends and insight sectors
- Knowledge of the media, communications and design industries
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Canvas8, Editor - Maternity Cover
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly