Drapers, Senior News Reporter
Are you interested in working for the fashion industry bible? Are you a news hound with a proven track record for breaking exclusive stories? Are you dynamic, confident and ready to approach the UK and Ireland’s biggest fashion retailers and industry figures?
If so joining Drapers fast-paced news desk as senior reporter could be the right role for you.
Now in its 130th year Drapers is the UK’s market leading B2B publication for the fashion industry with unparalleled authority in the sector. A digital first brand Drapers operates across online, print, events, conferences and awards.
You will have at least two years daily business reporting experience with evidence of generating exclusive news stories. You will have strong news judgement and the ability to work accurately at speed.
You will feel comfortable delving through company financials and interviewing high level chief executives.
As well as writing exclusive new stories you will also contribute creative ideas to the wider Drapers brand, write features and comment pieces, record videos, add to Drapers' social media output and regularly attend industry events.
This role will suit a reporter who is curious, ambitious and energetic– and who will fit with our social, collaborative culture. You will be able to work in a team and take direction, as well as using your initiative.
If that sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and a note about how your talent matches the task to us by completing the application form below.
- Minimum of 2-3 news reporting experience, preferably for a weekly B2B title or newspaper
- BA/BSc or higher degree and an NCTJ qualification or equivalent journalism training
- Evidence of breaking exclusive off-diary news stories, as well as building and maintaining contacts
- Digital skills such as video editing are a bonus
Core skills/competencies required:
- Passion for sourcing exclusive, off diary news stories
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to make contacts and build solid relationships with people in the sector