The Sun, Digital Motors Editor
Purpose of role:
Manage and grow the digital Motors section of our website.
- Generate a daily list of quality editorial ideas which will get strong, engaged traffic for thesun.co.uk and across our social platforms.
- Have the necessary drive and journalistic skills to execute those ideas and turn them into great copy which readers will enjoy.
- Have awareness of and passion for the commercial opportunities in digital Motors content - and ideally have strong contacts in this world.
- Have experience of using analytics to drive greater and greater traffic by learning what works best.
- Keep on top of motors trends and spot emerging trends to best enhance your contribution.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience creating popular digital motors content.
- Have excellent writing skills, honed through previous experience.
- Have a strong news sense and be able to respond to the big stories of the day with a spin unique to your specialism.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations.
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern.
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart.
Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week.
They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
Apply for The Sun, Digital Motors Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly