US Picture Researcher - Freelance, Mirror Online - NY
1 day left
- Part Time
- 6pm - 2am (Mostly weekend shifts but occasional weekday holiday cover)
- Experience in the picture industry (6 months+)
- Photoshop proficient.
Do you have your finger on the pulse of current affairs? Love breaking news? Know your celebrities? Have an eye for the best images and a keen attention to detail?
Mirror Online is looking for a freelance picture editor to join its team in New York.
The ideal candidate must possess a passion for media, journalism and photography with a desire to progress in the Picture Industry.
Being part of the digital picture desk means you will be right at the heart of the operation at all times.
- Day-to-day you will source images for our online articles from agencies, photographers and Social media around the world.
- As a Picture Researcher you will source and process images to make our stories a ‘must-read’ for our readership.
- Covering all the latest trends on social media is key so you'll be encouraged to spend time on Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to make sure our team get all the latest images first.
- You'll become part of a team which is always on the go so if you like a fast-paced office and are up for a challenge, you'll like working with us.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who's genuinely interested in a career in pictures...
The Ideal Candidate
- Loves everything about news and celebs, and uses all social media.
- An eye for a great picture / interest in photography
- Experience of the picture industry (6 months+)
- Good knowledge of Photoshop
- Self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a team
- Proven ability to work under pressure with excellent time management skills
- This job involves shift work, including evenings and weekends. Hours will vary and candidates must be flexible.
Click 'Apply' now.
About the Company
Trinity Mirror plc is one of the UK’s largest multimedia publishers.
We publish over 150 newspaper brands, including the Mirror and the Daily Record, as well as iconic market-leading regional and local newspaper titles such as the Liverpool Echo, Manchester Evening News and Newcastle Evening Chronicle.
Digital growth is at the heart of Trinity Mirror's strategy, with a goal of developing and sustaining strong positions across print and digital channels.