DailyStar.co.uk, Showbiz & TV Reporter
Status: Casual / Freelance
Celebrity-obsessed online reporter wanted to join the dynamic editorial team of one of Britain's fastest-growing national newspaper website.
The perfect candidate will be passionate about all things showbiz and know their mainstream British celebrities and soap stars inside out.
The successful applicant will deliver vibrant copy to tight deadlines and be able to find exclusive stories for a national and global readership.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a trained digital journalist, with knowledge of SEO and social media to be part of a fast-paced online newsroom.
- Generate and cover celebrity news, ensuring that the focus is always on the site’s most-searchable stories
- Show an understanding of the website’s ‘cast list’ and ensure a steady flow of content around these names
- Use your PR and celebrity contacts to pull in exclusive interviews and news stories that will deliver a richness of content to the site
- Push content via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, in accordance with the digital social media policy
- Optimise stories in accordance with the digital SEO strategy
- Stay on top of all developments in the celebrity world
- Be able to react quickly to breaking news stories
- Identify unique angles for stories
- Write in accordance with digital house style
- Read all the other competitor sites and form a thorough knowledge of the content
Key skills and experience:
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines, multitask, forward plan and develop relationships with PRs
- Digital journalist with an NCTJ qualification
- Professional understanding of journalism law
- Attention to detail and developments in the celebrity world.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position please e-mail your CV with a covering letter by completing the application form below.
Apply for DailyStar.co.uk, Showbiz & TV Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly