We are looking for an Editor to lead our award-winning website loveFOOD.com.
Being a digital publication, we are looking for someone with experience of writing and creating high-quality consumer-orientated digital content.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital food writer or Editor with a knowledge of and passion for Food to take an established consumer focused website to the next level and see their content read in every continent around the world.
You will be integral in shaping the future direction and success of loveFOOD.com.
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief to shape the content strategy to inspire, advise and enable users to make delicious dishes and enhance their knowledge of the food world.
- Lead the day-to-day running of loveFOOD.com, its email newsletter and its social media accounts to ensure it is topical and relevant and audience numbers grow.
- Write and commission features and news items – present information clearly and succinctly, use SEO techniques and ensure links are in place for further reading and commercial opportunities.
- Write, research and commission shareable photo-led features for loveFOOD.com and our third-party syndication partners.
- Edit own and other contributors’ content to brand and style guidelines.
- Manage and grow loveFOOD’s guide content
- Use analytics tools to review and plan content to deliver on targets and objectives.
- Identify opportunities for advertising, sponsorships and competition prizes.
- Develop and manage relationships with other Food journalists and established content producers.
- Work with the Managing Editor to ensure our syndicated content is hitting targets.
- Attend industry events – be a visible personality in the industry and build awareness of the loveFOOD.com brand.
- Manage the site’s content budget and freelance team.
Relevant Experience and Skills
- Passionate and knowledgeable about food and drink, home cooking, restaurants and trends
- At least three years’ experience of producing engaging content for digital audiences.
- Strong SEO skills and knowledge of how to use social media to engage users.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Photo editing skills.
- Strong commercial and analytical skills.
- Proven excellent interpersonal/communication skills and attitude.
- Experience of using a content management system (full training on our system will be provided).
- Excellent project/time management, organisational skills and attention to detail.
LoveInc is the fast-growing UK publisher of award-winning lifestyle inspiration and advice sites including loveMONEY.com, loveFOOD.com, loveEXPLORING.com and lovePROPERTY.com. Its content is ready by millions in the UK and in over 40 countries worldwide.
We offer a very competitive salary, bonus scheme and a comprehensive benefits package.
If this sounds like your ideal job, please submit your application online by completing the application form below.
Please make sure you include your CV, a detailed cover letter stating why you believe you have the right skills and experience for this role along with recent examples of your work (e.g. links to recent and relevant online publications worked for) and your salary expectations.
You also need to suggest: 3 feature ideas and 3 ideas for brilliant photo-led food stories that you believe would be attractive to a global audience, complete with killer headlines, images and a summary of what the piece would cover and why it would be successful. This can be included at the bottom of your cover letter.
Apply for loveFOOD.com, Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly