The Independent, Editorial Production Coordinator
Reports to: Group Production Editor
The Independent is a leading digital publication with an incredible drive to establish itself as a global brand with relevance far beyond its traditional print audience.
- Ability to adopt an appropriate style with your peers and senior colleagues and communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
- You have a very strong work ethic and ability to organise and multitask
- You are robust and can maintain a positive approach even when circumstances are challenging
- You will demonstrate an instinctively collaborative approach to working
- A skilled communicator both written and verbal, you create positive impact with others
- You thrive on a challenge and take responsibility for ensuring objectives are met
The editorial production coordinator will be responsible for the coordination, representation and management of content services to substantive syndication partners including Johnston Press and various digital partners such as MSN, Yahoo et al.
The key challenges will lie in ensuring a reliable and comprehensive feed of content, acting as lead contact in resolving any concerns raised by those clients and maintaining a strong editorial connection between all parties.
- Act as lead contact and key coordinator for editorial communications with The Independent’s content clients, particularly Johnston Press.
- Manage the daily communications of available content and field requests and queries raised by recipient editorial teams
- Build positive relationships and forge strong, lasting connections with key clients
- Work closely with the library team to ensure the automated delivery of rights managed content is working effectively and help coordinate the resolution of any issues that arise.
- Attend conferences and then track, revise, and polish key stories and packages shared with third parties
- Monitor stories for accuracy and updates as well as checking spelling, grammar and house style
- Write or rewrite intros and furniture as needed to showcase Independent journalism
- Assist in the creation of the daily App
- You will also be able to:
- Work flexibly, and have a can-do attitude
- Have a good general knowledge of current affairs
- Work quickly and accurately on a range of stories – news, comment, features, business
- Spot and eradicate errors/typos and make improvements to copy
- Write good headlines and page furniture
Skills and experience:
- Great understanding of the media landscape including an appreciation of the challenges publishers face and a recognition of the opportunities, and risks, in seeking a primarily digital future
- Proven contact building and customer relations ability including experience in building relationships with significant clients in multiple markets
- Working in close partnerships with other teams to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience in collating and delivering management reporting
- Familiarity with the ESI titles and websites is an advantage
Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
To apply, please send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations by completing the application form below.
Closing date is 30 April 2018.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.