Global, Social Video Producer / Journalist - Freelance
The video desk at Global is looking for a self-motivated social video producer / journalist working on a freelance basis to help suggest and source video clips for our radio brands, which include, Capital FM, Heart, LBC, Classic FM, Radio X and Smooth.
This is an exciting opportunity which will see the ideal candidate working alongside the Group Video Editor to source videos made up of news and viral video clips as well as celebrity and entertainment videos.
You will already know the ins-and-outs of Reddit and twitter advanced search, can dig up gems via the explore tab on Instagram, and will be able to spot a great video before any of our competitors.
The ideal candidate will also have experience of verifying original sources, seeking permission for usage and Premiere video editing skills.
We’re also looking for someone who is exceptionally organised and self-driven as you will be given complete freedom to carry out your investigation after being briefed by the Head of Editorial and the Group Video Editor.
This is an exciting role as you’ll be at the very heart of Global’s expansion into video content, working alongside the entire content team and feeding into their editorial agenda.
- Education to degree level
- Journalism qualification preferred with, ideally, 1-2 years’ experience gained with an entertainment, lifestyle or news organisation.
- Experience with sourcing viral video clips and clearing rights.
- A flexible and willing approach to working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Adobe Premiere.
Please complete the application form below with your CV and examples of your work.