Tes, Head of Content Curation
Tes’s story is an extraordinary one: its digital community is one of the fastest growing of any profession globally, and it boasts a 100-year heritage at the centre of the teaching and education community.
Today, Tes has over 10 million registered users in countries across the globe and has seen the lessons on its site made by teachers downloaded more than a billion times.
This wealth of resources allows education professionals to share and benefit from one another's resources and lesson plans, driving excellence in the education sector.
Tes’s rich heritage includes Tes magazine, Times Higher Education (THE) and TES Scotland magazines which are invaluable reads for all educators and Tes has become the leading media provider to the UK education profession. It also publishes the annual Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
These are just a few facets of what Tes does. For more information, visit tesglobal.com/what-we-do.
Basic Scope & Primary Objectives
The Head of Content Curation has the key responsibility for ensuring that the teaching materials teachers find on Tes are high quality and relevant to them.
Reporting to the Head of User Generated Content, they take the lead in defining the strategy and short term tactics that will ensure teachers can discover teaching resources that will help them.
This includes deciding what material to highlight - and how – and what we should to ensure the library of material users see is of the highest quality.
They will direct work by at least two other team members to create materials that highlights the best and most useful content on Tes.
They will also work collaboratively with others, including specialists in marketing, curriculum, partnerships, and author acquisition to increase traffic and usage of the Tes Resources site, in order to meet quarterly objectives.
They will be guided on the kinds of material that are most valuable for engagement and revenue by the Ecommerce team, and collaborate with a head of partnerships.
They be responsible for ensuring quality control and that systems are in place to ensure teaching materials are suitable, including adjudicating on complaints that cannot be resolved by customer services.
- The Head of Content Curation is responsible for ensuring fresh material is highlighted on the site each week, with different material targeted at users in our main geographic areas.
- The Head of Content Curation is responsible for ensuring that all resources content uploaded is fit-for-purpose by users and meets site terms and conditions
- Responsibility for managing adjudication processes, working with Customer Services and the Head of Department to ensure a fair and transparent process
- Directing (though not line managing) at least two colleagues on their work creating curated collections, blogs and marketing content.
- Commissioning and overseeing work by subject specialist teachers.
- To pick up additional responsibilities to assist with delivery of team objectives, as required by the Head of User Generated Content.
Essential Skills / Qualifications
- Understanding of key trends of digital classroom teaching and the characteristics of high quality educational materials.
- Computer literate on the following systems:
- MS Word – advanced
- MS Excel – advanced
- MS PowerPoint – basic
- Content Management systems – some experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Professional but warm manner
- Must be detailed, organised and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload and work at pace
- Excellent problem-solving/trouble-shooting skills
Desirable Skills / Qualifications
- Degree level or equivalent
- Solid experience of managing online content for a major organisation
- Experience creating and presenting content workflows
- Proven experience of using data analytics to provide insights and reporting for a managed content area
- Line management experience
- Proven project management experience desirable
- Building and developing partnerships with 3rd parties
- Educational publishing background / editorial experience
- Experience in developing / writing educational materials (print and/or digital)
- Understanding of copyright and other media regulations
- Classroom teaching experience
- to be a team player
- to have a desire and passion to do a great job
- to have great attention to detail
- to be calm under pressure
- to be resourceful and willing to learn
- to be self-motivated, energetic, pro-active and uses own initiative
- to have a sense of humour
- to be prepared to occasionally work flexibly over weekends and Bank Holidays (should this be required and agreed with the head of department).
TES Global relies on the flexibility of its staff to ensure the continuity of the high standards and performance, as such this job description is only intended to be a guide to the most regularly performed duties, it does not form part of the contract of employment and is subject to amendment and change as may be considered.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Tes, Head of Content Curation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly