Place North West, Reporter
Place North West is a B2B publisher and events organiser, and has built a reputation over the past 11 years for delivering the best property and regeneration trade content, across a daily newsletter which includes news, interviews, and special reports, alongside a busy events programme.
Due to continued growth, Place North West is seeking a reporter to join its editorial team, based in Manchester, supporting the delivery of the daily newsletter with 11,000 subscribers, and assisting with creating the content for a varied calendar of conferences.
The successful applicant will have one or two years’ journalism experience, and will be full of talent and ambition to produce and report on property business news for Place North West.
They will be willing to muck in wherever needed, take pride in their work, be confident making new contacts, and strive for high standards in delivering written content for the website and newsletter, and live content for events.
You will be joining a small team in a highly productive no-nonsense office.
- Produce North West property news, sourcing information from contacts and other websites, reporting on data, writing up press releases and financial announcements
- Deliver exclusive content and conduct interviews with developers, council leaders, agents, architects and representatives from other sectors, where applicable
- Write accurate, clear and concise copy to a daily deadline, following well defined editorial standards
- Support all editorial during busy periods, such as with transcribing interviews, updating stories, formatting images, and proofreading
- Work as part of the wider Place North West team to deliver conferences, taking responsibility for speaker sourcing, briefing, and on-the-day delivery
- Embed within the property community through networking to spot potential stories and event topics
- Travel to industry events in the region and beyond to secure exclusive stories and interviews
- Work in our CMS to make sure stories meet a high standard of presentation
- Promote content across social media
- Keep up to speed with innovations in journalism, with a view to implementing new styles of coverage on Place North West – podcasts, video, live streaming
- Working beyond typical office hours as required – attending events, delivering conferences, and networking
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least one year’s experience as a journalist, or consistent relevant work experience
- Demonstrable talent for good reporting
- Ability to unearth and tell interesting stories about the property industry, willingness to secure interviews and ask tough questions
- Have a strong understanding of business or financial journalism and at least a basic understanding of the dynamics that impact the real estate market
- Be able to write in different styles and including the written word, audio, visual and infographics
- Be financially literate and be able to use numbers and data to good effect within articles
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of determination and drive
- Positive attitude and a team mentality
- Strong time management skills and the ability to write quickly and accurately
To apply, please send your CV and a succinct cover letter, explaining your relevant experience and why you would be suitable for the role, by completing the application form below.