Rhizome Media, Account Executive / Account Manager
Rhizome Media is looking for a news or PR pro to join its fast-growing team as an Account Manager or Account Executive.
Who are you?
Ideally you’ll be an experienced PR consultant or journalist with several years' experience under your belt.
Above all, you’ll be a self-starter with excellent news sense and a knack for building relationships. And you’ll make copywriting, story generation and pitching look a doddle.
Who are we?
Based at the heart of redeveloped Paddington, Rhizome Media is a PR and communications agency that helps businesses grow by building their brands in the media.
We think and work like journalists (the directors are all ex-hacks) and we pride ourselves on our ability to tap into the breaking news agenda.
Our clients include a huge range of companies - from start-ups to global tech brands - and our work spans property, motoring, technology, healthcare and financial services.
With all that variety you’ll be pleased to know that our offices boast a meditation room, table tennis and all the caffeine you can handle. We also offer 25 days of annual leave and a half-decent pension.
As an Account Manager or Exec, you’ll play an important, fun and challenging role at the heart of our talented team.
You should be a quick learner who’s yearning to get involved in a variety of tasks - including idea generation, writing press releases and features, organising and attending journalist/client briefings, crunching data and crisis management.
We work a bit like a news agency, so our office is a fast-paced and exciting working environment. For the right person, this is a fantastic opportunity to turbocharge your skills and play a major part in our growth story.
It goes without saying that you will have excellent people skills, be confident and articulate, possess a sound grasp of current affairs and polished writing skills, together with a nose for a good story.
- Story idea generation
- Running accounts and client handling
- Writing press releases
- Writing reactive comments about breaking news
- Pitching news stories and features to national, regional and trade media
- Organising and attending journalist briefings
- Contributing to new business proposals and pitches
- Organising radio/TV interviews and briefing clients
- Responding quickly and efficiently to journalist requests
Skills and experience
- Self-starter with bags of initiative
- Ideas person – both creative and news aware
- Excellent client handling skills
- Faultless written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable news sense
- Team player
- Good media contacts a bonus
- Enthusiastic and intuitive
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
Apply by completing the application form below.