Volvo Cars, Senior Manager - Digital Consumer Experience Communication
Let's create the future together.
At Volvo Cars, we believe that being curious and truly committed to understanding people is the key to future success. We are people who care about other people, working together to create new technologies and innovations for safe, sustainable and convenient mobility. Want to join us?
What we offer
The car is an integral part of a consumer’s digital ecosystem. From in-car connectivity, connected services and the way cars are accessed online, the way consumers digitally interact with their car and the services it provides is one of the most exciting and challenging communication areas for Volvo Cars in the coming years.
To a large extent, Volvo Cars’ ability to thrive as a premium car maker will depend on its ability to compete in this rapidly developing area.
Corporate Communications is a global communication team charged with developing the awareness and positivity of the Volvo brand and its products through targeted editorial media coverage across all channels.
For this, we need a new team member that will be responsible for developing and delivering creative communication strategies to drive media coverage around your specialist area. The team manages the long-term perception of the company in all media as well as any reactive threats to its reputation.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for creating and implementing short and long-term media communications strategies within the area of Digital Consumer Experience.
You will secure and build trust-based relationships with key journalist globally and work with international PR Managers to amplify new stories across Volvo Markets.
You will also:
- Work with internal project teams to identify media opportunities, generating engaging editorial content ideas and directly pitching news stories to global media.
- Develop reactive statements to media enquiries, including any potential threats to Volvo’s reputation.
- Act as a spokesperson within the Digital Consumer Experience field.
- Budget follow-up and cost control related to the implementation of communication plans.
Who are you?
To succeed in this role you need to be passionate and interested in finding new ways to communicate. Since you will have a lot of contact with different stakeholders and also journalist, it is important that you have good communications skills.
In order to fully enjoy this job, you should be collaborative, social and outgoing to be able to build working relations with professional journalists. Lastly you need to have an ability to work quickly and independently and have a nose for news.
Do you fit the profile?
- You have strong international media contacts and a proven track record in delivering targeted quality media coverage, particularly in consumer titles.
- You have a strategic and creative approach to communication planning.
- You have the ability to position complex technology-based stories in a consumer-friendly way.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent English language skills.
How to learn more and apply
Click 'Apply' now.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers.
In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential.
Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.