Telegraph Media Group, Business Night Reporter
The principal responsibility of the Business Night Reporter is to maintain and update the business team’s output beyond GMT office hours. You will help to cover late breaking stories online and in the paper.
This role involves working Monday-Friday, 3pm-midnight at the Telegraph's London office (transport will be provided for journey home).
- Monitoring news wires and websites for breaking business and economics stories
- Liaising with the rest of the business desk to ensure breaking stories are properly covered
- Writing breaking stories precisely and at speed
- Curating the business page of the website and uploading and editing online stories.
- Liaising with night staff from other departments on breaking stories
- Representing the department at the evening digital news conference to promote content and news pipeline
- Liaising with sub-editors to update later editions of the print section as appropriate and in discussion with the business night news editor and the business editor
- Filling in elements of the daily City Briefing email newsletter
- Producing an overnight report to aid the whole Business desk's knowledge of changes to later print editions and online
Specific requirements & skills
- Experience in an editorial role, preferably in a business-focused environment - would suit an experienced reporter looking to gain editing experience
- Strong digital skills and ability to use desktop publishing systems
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously and with a cool head
- Adept at working in high-pressure environment and producing high quality copy to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of digital publishing and SEO essential
- Experience of editing copy is a plus, but not essential
Click 'Apply' now.