Medianett is a small but dynamic powerhouse, handling all aspects of media within specialist financial services.
Dealing primarily in the property lending sector, we cover a broad range of media-based products, including digital and print news publishing, advertising, and events.
Currently, we're looking for an ambitious reporter to help drive our online news coverage across our three leading B2B titles, with a focus on our newest title, Specialist Banking.
Based in central London, our ideal candidate for this role is someone who is hard-working and driven by uncovering stories. Impeccable time management, IT and interpersonal skills are a must, as well as being able to source and write accurate and engaging news fit for online.
Our new reporter will work as part of a friendly and enthusiastic team, writing about all aspects of specialist finance, which could include anything from how politics and the economy is affecting the specialist finance market, to cryptocurrency and challenger banking.
What's a must?
- NCTJ-qualified – shorthand is preferable. Media law is a must.
- Journalism/English degree or equivalent – although, an experienced reporter (over two years in the field) without a degree would be considered
- Journalism experience is preferable, however we would consider talented journalism graduates
- The ability to follow briefs, write high-quality articles and report quickly on breaking news
- An interest in finance, property, the economy and politics
- Thorough knowledge and command of IT and experience using a CMS
- A positive attitude, solution-driven, and willingness to learn
- Great at managing time for daily/weekly article assignments
- Be a team player
What might a typical day look like?
- Lead searching and pitching feature and interview ideas to the editor
- Writing both short and feature-length stories to tight deadlines
- Building strong, long-term relationships with key companies and individuals within the industry
- Uploading content and setting up newsletters
- Arranging meetings and conducting interviews with key industry figures
- Writing copy for our monthly print magazine
- Getting invited to exciting industry events/dinners and awards ceremonies
- Hours will be 8:30am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
If this sounds like something for which you're suited, we would love to hear from you - apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Medianett, Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly