i, Deputy Arts Editor
2 days left
- Full Time
Britain’s youngest national title is growing in print and online, and we’re recruiting a Deputy Arts Editor to join our busy, expanding newsroom and to continue i’s reputation for quality arts coverage.
We will appoint an arts journalist with proven experience in editing, commissioning and writing across all art forms, with a keen interest in digital and video content.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong arts desk experience on a national or major regional title, and in digital publishing.
- Have experience in editing a daily section of features and reviews and a weekend arts section in print and online and be able to deputise for the Arts Editor.
- Think about the arts in an original way, commission cleverly and with flair, and edit copy - for print and online - with lightning speed.
- Produce unique writing and content for inews.co.uk and the paper - from exclusive interviews to original features and provocative columns.
- Have a strong background working in arts, with a full book of contacts across performers, artists, PRs and institutions.
- Show a passion for all areas of the arts, and a particular interest in how the ways we consume them are changing (e.g. with television).
- Understand i’s audience - in print, online and on social channels.
- Have exceptional instincts for high-performing content on social channels and an understanding of how to use social channels to source and promote quality journalism.
- Work quickly, creatively and accurately under pressure, to tight deadlines, honouring our high standards.
- Be experienced in managing a budget and teams of writers.
- Want to contribute to our longer-term publishing strategy, across print, social and mobile.
- Represent the title through public and media engagements.
- Be passionate about the i project, and understand i's journalism, ethos and audience.
To apply, please complete the application form below with a CV and a covering letter, explaining what you would do with the role and including three examples of your writing, by Monday 28 May 2018
Launched in 2010 to answer demand for a concise, quality national newspaper, i has quickly proved popular, winning the award for 2015 National Newspaper of the Year.
Our readers want creative, independent journalism without an agenda. Daily circulation has grown quickly since i's purchase by Johnston Press in April 2016, with our website, inews.co.uk, also launched. Johnston Press is one of the UK's largest publishers, with a daily print circulation of over 600,000, and 900 journalists around the country.
Apply for i, Deputy Arts Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly