Stylus, Senior Editor - Consumer Lifestyle & Technology, Maternity Cover
We are looking for an experienced editor or trends analyst with expertise in identifying and writing about consumer behaviour and technology trends to join our Content team.
The main focus for this role will be to drive the editorial strategy within the Consumer Lifestyle directory – which covers demographics and psychographics, health and wellness, leisure, tech, transport, finance and education – to develop quality content in response to client needs.
The position is a maternity cover and the contract will be for 12 months. Part-time/flexible working considered.
- Writing, commissioning and editing reports, blog posts, macro trends and presentations
- Hands-on research and data sourcing to validate ideas
- Covering or commissioning coverage for trade shows and conferences, both locally and internationally – for example: Millennial 20/20, SXSW Festival, Cannes Lions, CES
- Managing an assistant editor and freelance contributors, ensuring tone and quality of writing adheres to Stylus’ style
- Oversee weekly publishing schedule and review regularly to ensure all content is delivered in accordance with client expectations. Contribute to the overall annual publishing schedule
- Steer the Consumer Lifestyle directory’s content strategy in line with Chief Creative Officer’s vision and overall business strategy
Required skills and qualifications:
- Educated to at least degree level in a related discipline – e.g. Journalism
- 8+ years of lifestyle- or tech-related editorial, analytical or trend-forecasting expertise with a proven track record of success
- Strong writing skills
- Experience of directing/managing an in-house team
- Experience of editing (short- and long-form content)
- Experience of uploading and managing content to a CMS platform
- Robust network of relevant, current industry contacts (across lifestyle-related industries)
- Ability to source data that validates qualitative research
- Strong awareness of the consumer behaviour and attitudes that will impact trends and innovations
- Ability to take an long-term view of the business, showing understanding of commercial aspects of industry and client needs – as demonstrated through decisions taken about content generation and publication
- Excellent communication skills, with experience presenting to co-workers and the ability to manage upwards
- Big picture thinking
- Ability to think creatively, explore different concepts and identify underlying common themes
Apply by completing the application form below.