GlobalCapital, EMEA Research Manager
GlobalCapital, the capital markets newspaper published by Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, is looking for a research manager, to be a vital part of the editorial team running the data the newspaper publishes from its London office.
The data includes a number of priced deals and deal pipeline databases focussing on different sectors of the capital markets. The successful candidate will also oversee the day-to-day operation of BondMarker, GlobalCapital’s unique, proprietary system for scoring deal execution in the primary capital markets.
These products are an essential part of GlobalCapital’s business and their importance to the newspaper as it collaborates with other conference and publishing businesses within the company.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the accurate and timely maintenance of all of GlobalCapital’s databases based in London andBondMarker, making sure that the newspaper’s data is as flawless as possible to give subscribers the most reliable picture of what is happening in their markets.
- Work with senior editorial staff to grow the coverage and promotion of, and market participation with, BondMarker with the aim of making it the default means of assessing institutional performance in the primary bond markets.
- Run the administrative aspects of GlobalCapital’s various polls and awards, publishing surveys online and monitoring and promoting voting to ensure the fullest participation to ensure our awards surveys give the best and fairest picture possible of success in the primary capital markets.
- Build relationships with key capital markets professionals and contacts of the newspaper with the aim of becoming the first point of contact for all external providers looking to contribute data to GlobalCapital’s databases, or to place votes on BondMarker, or on our awards surveys.
- Find new ways of presenting and promoting GlobalCapital’s data products to both users and the wider public where appropriate to build the newspaper’s reputation as a reliable source of insightful and distinctive capital markets data.
The EMEA research manager will report to the editor.
Works with senior journalists and/or the editor to produce databases, BondMarker and awards surveys.
Although section editors and editor guide the overall direction of news coverage and will be provide most of the technical understanding of the markets, the research manager is expected, over time, to have their own ideas about what data we provide, how we provide it and how we publish and promote it.
They will build strong relationships with key people in and around the market to provide the best sources of data and fresh ideas for data publishing. Works with section editor, editor, and the marketing and production teams to make sure GlobalCapital’s data products reach the biggest possible audience, presented in the best way achievable.
Candidate Profile / Requirements
- A demonstrable interest in and aptitude for both the capital markets and financial publishing.
- A keen interest in data, its presentation and its uses within the business. This is a job for someone who wants to work with data and is not intended to be a pathway to a career in journalism.
- Any financial markets experience is an advantage but not essential, although the successful candidate will need to learn about the markets our data products cover to the extent that they will be able to work independently with market professionals without a significant knowledge gap existing between them.
- Attention to detail and impeccable standards of accuracy.
- Ability to work to deadlines and handle various responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to work under own direction when required. Inexperience notwithstanding, this is not a job that will suit people who need constant supervision.
- Ability to forge relationships with senior people in financial markets.
- Willingness to travel abroad and work outside regular hours when required.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- GlobalCapital is, as its name suggests, a global newspaper, therefore an understanding of any potential impact of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be essential.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Click 'Apply' now.