GlobalCapital, Emerging Market Loans Reporter
GlobalCapital, the capital markets newspaper published by Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, is looking for a graduate to train as a reporter, or a reporter with some experience.
The successful candidate will cover syndicated loans in the emerging markets of central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The candidate, if hired as a trainee, will benefit from Euromoney’s prestigious graduate training programme. She or he will provide the full range of editorial content for our daily online news service and weekly printed newspaper, covering the EM syndicated loans market. The reporter will also be an ambassador for our organisation in this market.
- Write GlobalCapital’s coverage of EM syndicated loans, identifying the most important deals, themes, people moves and other industry news and providing the most engaging and accurate analysis possible to provide readers with a unique take on the markets.
- Contribute to the full range of the newspaper’s coverage – from hard news, to analysis, to opinion, to features – in the house style and to tight deadlines, to maintain GlobalCapital’s distinctive editorial voice and its reputation as a reliable and indispensable part of working in capital markets.
- Build a broad number of deep relationships with key people in the capital markets and become part of the daily fabric of that market to ensure the newspaper understands its subject and its readers better than any of its rivals and has as many sources for original stories as possible.
- Be the voice of the EM syndicated loans market within the paper, pitching story ideas, championing special report ideas and providing insight and a source of collaboration for the rest of the editorial team to make sure GlobalCapital is at the forefront of the newest trends and ideas in capital markets.
- Provide cover for other reporters who are absent, where appropriate. This enables us to provide consistent coverage and helps to develop the journalists’ skills.
- Represent the newspaper at industry events to provide coverage, build contacts and to enhance GlobalCapital’s reputation as part of the fabric of the markets it covers.
The reporter will report to a section editor and/or the editor.
Works with senior journalists and/or the editor to produce market coverage. Although section editors and editor guide the overall direction of coverage and have final say over what is covered, the reporter is expected to have her/his own ideas and, indeed, own workload.
Has strong relationships with key people in and around the market to provide the sharpest and most insightful coverage. That means having the ability to call people in the market directly rather than having to rely upon press teams and other such gatekeepers.
Works with section editor, editor, and the marketing and production teams to make sure her/his coverage reaches the biggest possible audience, presented in the best way achievable.
- A demonstrable interest in and aptitude for both the capital markets and financial journalism.
- Any experience of journalism or financial markets is an advantage but not essential.
- Attention to detail and impeccable standards of accuracy.
- Ability to work under own direction when required. Inexperience notwithstanding, this is not a job that will suit people who need constant supervision.
- Ability to forge relationships with senior people in financial markets.
- Willingness to travel abroad and work outside regular hours when required.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Click 'Apply' now.