Health Service Journal, News Manager
HSJ is losing a key team member and needs someone to step into this busy role on the leading news website for health leaders in the NHS.
We’re looking for an experienced journalist who can handle the pressures of a busy operation that each month publishes around 260 news stories, written by its team of 11 correspondents.
The role entails:
- News editing and subbing/publishing news stories.
- Compiling a list of news stories twice a day to be sent out as newsletters.
- Promoting stories via social media.
- Sourcing images.
- Helping people with general CMS issues.
- Compiling daily round-up emails with copy from the correspondents.
- Working closely with senior journalists on the team to decide the day/week’s news agenda.
A background in health policy-related journalism would mark out a particularly strong candidate but we’d also like to hear from any other journalists with a good knowledge of the public sector. It is likely to suit those with a background in news editing or sub editing.
This will be a three-month full-time booking starting ASAP at our attractive new offices in a great location in Aldgate on the edge of the City. Although it is a short term contract we are looking to make the position permanent later in the year.
Please note that remote working will not be possible as it’s a busy role that involves constant liaison with our team.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Health Service Journal, News Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly