Digital Journalist, National Mortgage News - NY
National Mortgage News is seeking a Digital Journalist to join its award-winning editorial team.
NMN is the definitive resource for analysis and perspective on all facets of the real estate finance industry, including depositories, nonbank lenders and servicers, brokerage firms, vendors and regulators.
From covering breaking events and writing enterprise features to creating data-driven graphics and engaging our audience on social media, our journalists do it all.
Candidates must be comfortable interacting with executives, regulators and elected officials and must demonstrate ability to cultivate sources, report and break news on tight deadlines, and generate story ideas. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious journalist to make an immediate, high-value impact on a digital-first publication.
Responsibilities will include a combination of the following:
- Generate compelling stories and in-depth analysis of the mortgage industry that examine emerging trends in the residential and commercial real estate finance industries
- Create daily online news in a variety of formats, including news briefs, breaking news, simple charts and graphs and multimedia content, including slideshows and videos
- Engage with mortgage industry professionals on various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Travel to industry conferences and other events to provide on-the-ground coverage
- Assist the editor in chief in curating and editing contributed opinion articles written by knowledgeable mortgage industry sources
- Other related tasks, as assigned
- Prior mortgage or real estate industry experience is helpful, but not required. However, the successful candidate must have an affinity for financial journalism, be an analytical thinker and possess a supreme attention to detail.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) plan; a pre-tax transportation payment program; and subsidized health club membership.
For consideration, please click 'Apply' and submit a cover letter, resume and three writing samples.
National Mortgage News is part of SourceMedia, a leading provider of information, data and software tools for professionals in the financial services and related technologies markets. More than 750,000 clients use SourceMedia's publications, databases and work solutions worldwide.
SourceMedia complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest records, unemployment status or any other protected category.