S&P Global Platts Insight, Editor
Lead and manage a multi-platform editorial program under the S&P Global Platts Insight brand. Commission and curate high-quality, cross-commodity content for digital and print distribution that is market relevant and aligns with S&P Global Platts key initiatives.
- Act as content stakeholder for S&P Global Platts Insight, assuming ultimate responsibility for all types of content featured across digital platforms and 3 x issues per year of Insight magazine.
- Lead and manage digital and hard copy editorial calendar, ensuring steady flow of content, market relevance and alignment with key initiatives and other free content.
- Leverage knowledge of Platts free and subscriber content to curate and repurpose high quality content from all commodity sectors. Actively commission, edit and write high-quality original content focusing on big-picture topics.
- Curate email newsletters showcasing the best Insight content, alongside other free content from Platts.
- Generate regular ideas for impactful multimedia content as part of the Insight editorial calendar.
- Work closely with Central Editing Desk, Design & Production and Strategic Media teams to ensure timely publication, a smooth production process, and robust social media promotion.
- Develop a strong and close working relationship with key stakeholders in the Pricing, News and Analytics teams within Content.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the Content and Marketing teams to regularly review content quality, assess marketing alignment and success in driving engagement.
- Work with the Digital Content Lead to continuously review and enhance the Insight content offer to ensure it is effectively elevating the Platts and S&P Global brands, driving engagement and serving organizational goals.
- Act as brand ambassador at internal and external industry events.
- Expertise in digital publishing, including data journalism, social media, multimedia and data visualization. A strong track record of digital wins.
- Familiarity with user engagement metrics and performance reporting.
- Educated to degree level, with at least five years’ experience in journalism, and an enthusiasm for learning about commodities markets.
- Basic understanding of S&P Global Platts, including some historical background. Industry experience or knowledge of existing products an advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to consistently spot inaccurate information, typographical errors, poor grammar and information gaps.
- Strong communication skills. Clear, concise writing style and good presentation skills.
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking capabilities, with the ability to link issues and events in stories.
- Ability to manage time efficiently to effectively coordinate multiple tasks in a high-stress journalism atmosphere. Ability to prioritize jobs and requests.
- Collaborative and comfortable working across a range of different global teams.
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets.
Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit platts.com
Click 'Apply' now.