Reuters FX Buzz, European Editor
Product or Service:
The role involves editing file from the FX BUZZ product, which provides real time analysis of the foreign exchange market. The product covers the major currency pairings and can take the form of bullets, comments and columns. The product is read by treasury dealing rooms both sell and buy side of the market and speed and accuracy are key.
The job will involve editing file and ensuring that headlines have impact and pull the reader into the body of the file while being relevant to a broad readership. A flair for writing compelling headlines and leads. Adept at creating clear charts and visualizations to highlight market trends and anomalies. Comfortable using basic technical analysis (Fibonacci retracements) to bolster arguments.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
To edit real-time commentary on the foreign exchange market and the factors driving it, but it will also include opportunities to write original content. Editing will include short-form analyses and longer form columns.
The FX BUZZ teams in London and New York, headed by Burton Frierson and Peter Stoneham.
Essential Skills / Experience Required:
- Experienced journalist with experience covering financial markets
- Knowledge of Eikon and/or Datastream
- Sharp writer who can help turn data into compelling arguments and ideas in short-form content and longer form columns
- Flair for writing compelling headlines and leads
- Adept at creating clear charts and visualizations to highlight market trends and anomalies
- Comfortable using basic technical analysis (Fibonacci retracements) to bolster arguments
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Comfortable with the inter-market relationships between bonds, FX and equities
- Able to link together technical indicators to arrive at a market view
- Understand the fundamental drivers that move financial markets
- Knowledge of economic indicators and their likely impact on financial markets
Education / Certifications:
- Required: Experienced journalist
- Preferred: STA Diploma (this would be advantagous but is by no means neccessary)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences.
With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us - click 'Apply' now.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.