It's Nice That, News Editor - Maternity Cover
It's Nice That are looking for a news editor to lead our news coverage across all platforms.
Since launching in 2007, It’s Nice That has been dedicated to building a credible and accessible creative destination like no other. Over the last ten years It’s Nice That has received critical acclaim and cemented itself as a trusted pillar in contemporary creative culture reaching an online audience of over half a million readers a month and a total reach in excess of 1.4 million.
We are actively looking for a news editor working across all It’s Nice That projects – itsnicethat.com, Printed Pages, Nicer Tuesdays as well as commercial partnerships.
The ideal candidate will have experience in leadership of similar editorial teams working across both in-house publishing projects and commercial partnerships.
They will enjoy working in a creative environment, clearly communicating, prioritising and delegating tasks. This role is being offered to cover Maternity Leave beginning July 2018 for the initial duration of 12 months with the possibility of an extension.
- To manage the news arm of It’s Nice That, managing the editorial output of this section of the website, implementing and leading the news strategy tailored to our audience and help grow the readership
- Researching, writing and breaking daily news stories
- Working with the social media manager to distribute news stories across different platforms and gather responses
- Attend press conferences and events
- Suggest, plan and commission editorial content across It’s Nice That (to both internal editorial staff and external contributors)
- Ability to write short and long form content
- Reporting on the performance of content and identify trends (using Google Analytics)
- Contribute to commercial partnerships, pitching and commissioning alongside creatives and project managers
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with both emerging and established creatives within the industry
- Identify challenges and implement changes to the operation
- Identify new opportunities for the business
- Awareness of the stories and topics that matter to the creative industry across a range of disciplines
- Awareness and contacts of studios and individuals across the industry
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Ability to influence and motivate the editorial team
- Clear communication and delegation
- Strategic approach to the operation
- Positive and proactive mindset
- Attention to detail
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am — 6pm (flexible hours between 8am – 7pm)
Click 'Apply' now.