Royal London, Press Officer - Asset Management
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with funds under management of £114 billion, 8.8 million policies in force and 3,637 employees. Figures quoted are as at 31 December 2017.
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper’s grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Press Officer to join the Group External Communications team (based in London).
The purpose of the role is to provide support on a wide range of press activities within the team; focusing primarily on the asset management part of the business (RLAM), but also providing broader press office support across otherareas of the Royal London Group.
This role will offer an excellent opportunity to further your career within press and public relations; gaining exposure to a wide range of business areas and developing your PR skillset.
- Support the delivery of the PR strategy for the asset management business (RLAM)
- Develop ideas for features and stories to promote RLAM
- Manage relationships with journalists
- Take ownership of press queries and related activities
- Support senior team members in the evaluation of campaigns
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience within a PR environment (either client side or agency side)
- Experience of handling press enquiries and media relations
- Strong desire to learn and develop your skillset further
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to take a solution-based approach to obstacles
- Highly proactive and positive attitude to tasks
- The ability to offer creative and innovative ideas
- Experience within Asset Management or Financial Services would be desirable, but is not essential
To apply, please click 'Apply' now.