FTI Consulting, Director / Account Director - Corporate Comms, Financial Services | Strategic Comms
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world’s most highly regarded communications consultancies.
We offer a broad base of disciplines across a variety of specialist sectors including financial services, retail and consumer, digital, natural resources, energy, public affairs, real estate, professional services, technology media telecoms (TMT) and life sciences.
The Financial Services team builds and protects reputational value for the full spectrum of UK and international businesses, from banks and investment banks, to insurers, asset managers, private equity companies, hedge funds and governments.
We think holistically about the industry and address media, analyst, investor, employee and customer audiences from within our team. We are currently seeking a Director to join a growing team of over 25 professionals in London, with corporate communications experience focused on financial services.
Deliver to Clients
- Own and manage client relationships with limited senior supervision; creatively prepare and deliver the client programme
- Provide strategic advice to a portfolio of clients, manage accounts on a day-to-day basis and develop excellent relationships with clients
- Developing planning documents across clients
- Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Deliver research and thought leadership proposal
- Ensure client programmes are agreed and project plans are in place
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
Build the Business
- Seek new business opportunities and working closely with senior team in developing new business proposals
- Proactively network with media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
- Support senior management in ensuring team processes are in place and regularly share ideas on ways to evolve these
- Mentoring and training junior team members
- Share industry and media insights across the team, based on journalist and industry contacts as well as thorough reading of the news
- Educated to degree level or equivalent 2:1 (or equivalent)
- Strong media relations skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and client organisations
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload and plan ahead
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach
- Has established media contacts in the Financial Services sector
- Experience in the Financial Services and related sectors
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in an in-house corporate communications or PR agency role
- Experience in Financial Services related sectors
Click 'Apply' now.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges.
Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology.
We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate.
We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer