FTI Consulting, Associate Director - Technology, Media & Telecomms | Strategic Communications
1 day left
- Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world’s most highly regarded communications consultancies.
We offer a broad base of disciplines across a variety of specialist sectors including financial services, retail and consumer, digital, natural resources, energy, public affairs, real estate, professional services, technology media telecoms (TMT) and life sciences.
In London, the Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) team is a leader in its field. With close to 60 clients spanning the full technology, media and telecom spectrum, this team provides strategic communications support to a wide range of companies with an equally wide range of needs.
Mandates range from the provision of proactive and calendar-focused advice to fast-growing technology companies; through support for IPOs, transactions and pre-market profile building; right through to highly pressurised engagements such as crisis management, tactical campaigning, regulatory campaigns, product launches and fast-paced corporate PR mandates for some of the sector’s largest, most disruptive firms.
Our aim is to be the most trusted, most effective communications partner for any TMT company in Europe, large or small, with an exciting, important or simply unique story to tell.
The culture of our team is incredibly important to us. Based on our core principles of client excellence, teamwork and innovation, we are team of self-starters, intellectually curious about the world and passionate about telling some of the most exciting stories in TMT.
Deliver exemplary service to clients
- Lead on a number of programmes, including both retained and project work, ensuring that client programmes are agreed and project plans are implemented
- Bring fresh ideas and new thinking to client engagements
- Own client relationships with limited senior supervision
- Demonstrate strength and breadth of the team to clients
- Provide strategic advice to a portfolio of clients, manage accounts on a day-to-day basis and develop excellent relationships with client heads
- Generate supportive media coverage for clients
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations, evaluate alternatives and implement them
Build the Business
- Seek out new business leads and help convert them to profitable clients
- Support business development activities, both through growing current accounts and identifying and winning new business opportunities
- Build our team reputation through excellent service and our team’s success through generating new business opportunities
- Nurture and grow your well-established network of clients and media contacts
- Proactively identify cross selling opportunities across segments, practices and geographies
- Play important mentoring / management role with junior members of the team, formally and informally
- Demonstrate willingness to share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues help foster a strong team focused culture
- Ability to lead learning and development initiatives for junior team members, whilst having the willingness and interest to learn new skills for themselves
- Develop relationships with other teams within Strategic Communications and FTI
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in a financial or corporate PR agency environment (or in-house communications role)
- Track record of operating at a senior level within a communications agency and/or in house communications function’
- Track record of growing a book business
- Demonstrable ability and desire to drive business development and attract, retain and expand client relationships
- Capacity to manage priorities between multiple client assignments and firm initiatives
- Excellent written and oral presentations skills – both in large group and smaller meetings
- Senior level Technology, Media and Telecoms experience
- Self-starter who thrives on high level of accountability
- Demonstrated leadership ability in the areas of client service and project management
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and possess service-orientated attitude
- Developed ability to multi-task across client programmes, firm initiatives and sales opportunities
- Ability to recognise, explore and use a broad range of ideas and practices, thinking logically and creatively without influence from personal bias
- Capacity to adjust behavior to establish positive relationships with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to direct a project from concept to conclusion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills
Click 'Apply' now.
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer