FTI Consulting, Director / Account Director - Life Sciences Team | Strategic Communications
About the Opportunity:
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world's most highly regarded communications consultancies.
We offer a broad base of disciplines across a variety of specialist sectors including financial services, retail and consumer, digital, natural resources, energy, public affairs, real estate, professional services, technology media telecoms (TMT) and life sciences.
The Life Sciences team is a growing practice with high profile clients which concentrates on financial-focused communications for the life sciences and healthcare industry including pharmaceuticals, medtech, healthcare services and diagnostics companies.
Deliver to Clients
- Own and manage client relationships with limited senior supervision; creatively prepare and deliver the client programme
- Ensure client programmes are agreed and project plans are in place
- Generate supportive media coverage for clients by drafting press releases and arranging client events
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Manage client expectations and anticipate their needs
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations and evaluate alternatives with senior team
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
- Provide strategic advice to a portfolio of clients, manage accounts on a day-to-day basis and develop excellent relationships with clients
- Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Deliver research proposals
Build the Business
- Seek new business opportunities and produce fresh ideas
- Proactively network with media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
- Share ideas and client information with the team
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Develop relationships with other teams within FTI
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent)
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent stakeholder engagement capability
- Strong media relations skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and client organisations
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Previous experience in an in-house corporate communications or PR agency role
- Experience in the Retail, Leisure and Consumer Goods and related sectors an advantage
- Possess excellent contacts with the media
Click 'Apply' now.
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.