FTI Consulting, Director / Account Director - Energy Team | Strategic Communications
1 day left
- Full Time
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world's most highly regarded communications consultancies. We offer a broad base of disciplines across a variety of specialist sectors including financial services, retail and consumer, digital, natural resources, energy, public affairs, real estate, professional services, technology media telecoms (TMT) and life sciences.
The Energy & Natural Resources team builds and protects reputational value for the full spectrum of UK and international energy and natural resources companies.
We think holistically about the energy & natural resources industry and recognise that with an entire sector in transition, communications has a crucial role to play in protecting and promoting long-term reputations in a way which is sustainable. We are currently seeking a Director to join the team.
This team provides strategic communications support to a wide range of companies with an equally wide range of needs. Mandates range from the provision of proactive and calendar-focused advice to fast-growing AIM companies; through support for IPOs, transactions and pre-market profile building; right through to highly pressurized engagements such as crisis management, tactical campaigning, product launches and fast-paced corporate PR mandates.
Deliver to Clients
- Support/lead on a number of programmes, including both retained and project work, ensuring that client programmes are agreed and project plans are implemented
- Own client relationships with limited senior supervision; creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
- Demonstrate strength and breadth of the team to clients
- Provide strategic advice to a portfolio of clients, manage accounts on a day-to-day basis and develop excellent relationships with client group
- Focus and commitment to client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Generate supportive media coverage for clients
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations and be able to evaluate alternatives with senior executives
Build the Business
- Seek out new business leads and help convert them to profitable clients
- Work alongside other senior members of the team on business development activities such as pitch preparation and delivery
- Look to expand the Energy & Natural Resources Team portfolio through business with existing clients and the broader FTI Group
- Proactively network with media contacts and industry analysts, as well as potential clients
- Support business development activities, both through growing current accounts and identifying and winning new business opportunities
- Proactively identify cross selling opportunities across segments, practices and geographies
- Project line management for the team working on your clients
- Knowledge sharing and mentoring junior team members
- Develop relationships with other teams within Strategic Communications and FTI
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in a financial or corporate PR agency environment (or in-house communications role)
- Proven track record in delivering successful programmes for clients
- Developing the ability to seek new business and effective at new business pitching
- A strong understanding of the media and how it operates
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent contacts in the industry or a desire to develop these
- Capacity to manage priorities between multiple client assignments and firm initiatives
- Excellent written and oral presentations skills – both in large group and smaller meetings
- Have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the media and analysts
- Energy & Natural Resources agency experience
- Self-starter who thrives on high level of accountability
- Demonstrated leadership ability in the areas of client service and project management
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and possess service-orientate attitude
- Developed ability to multi-task across client programmes, firm initiatives and sales opportunities
- Ability to recognise, explore and use a broad range of ideas and practices, thinking logically and creatively without influence from personal bias
- Capacity to adjust behavior to establish positive relationships with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to direct a project from concept to conclusion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills
Click 'Apply' now.
ABOUT FTI CONSULTING, THE WIDER COMPANY
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer