Retail Week, Digital Engagement Lead
1 day left
- Full Time
We're looking for a Digital Engagement Lead to join our team in London.
As part of our content team, you will be our digital champion who will drive subscriber engagement across all our digital platforms, as well as lead our efforts in social, search, newsletters and content optimisation; you will have proven experience growing and engaging audiences and inspiring others to do the same.
In this role, you will be embedded in the core content team but will collaborate closely across several groups and disciplines in the wider Retail Week business. You will make a major contribution to strategic projects with stakeholders across product, editorial and commercial, with a goal of getting our journalism read more widely and our readers coming back more often and for longer.
You will be responsible for identifying emerging growth tactics and new platforms that the team should be thinking about.
- The ability to use data to inform day-to-day decision-making in the core content team
- Establish content best practice and implement standards across wider RW team
- Resident SEO expert for content, champion its importance and update content team with the latest advice
- Own our social media output, encourage journalists to engage on social platforms
- Interrogate analytics to uncover trends and action changes accordingly
- Develop our big four engagement channels: direct, organic, social, newsletters, and find new ways to engage our subscribers beyond these big four
- Work closely with the product team to plan and implement any platform changes required to serve the content strategy
- Familiarity with analytics is essential: you will be comfortable extrapolating insight from data and have the ability to select and track KPIs across the team. We’re looking for someone who can come up with bold hypotheses, figure out how to test them and turn the lessons into action.
- The ability to optimise the channels we currently use to promote our stories and also brainstorm new approaches to under-utilised platforms. Energy, imagination and a track record of putting new systems into place are all strong qualifications.
- An in-depth knowledge of what other publishers are doing to reach more people digitally and how they are growing revenue through subscriptions.
- Technical skills and experience to find new readers for our ambitious longform stories as well as our smaller features.
- The ability to build strong relationships and manage stakeholders across the business is essential.
- Goal-oriented – to be clear on what you are trying to achieve and how you will achieve it.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both in person and electronically.
- A can-do attitude, be able to adapt to changing priorities, be highly organised and willing to learn new skills.
- Happy to join our lively content team, keen to collaborate with colleagues and willing to make suggestions about all areas of content.
- A self-starter, this person has to be constantly coming up with new ideas, finding ways around things, great new innovations.
- Be hard-working and dedicated.
- Familiarity with basic HTML an advantage but not essential
- An interest in graphic design is desirable
We’re Retail Week.
Retail Week is the leading authority on retailing in the UK, providing industry news, insightful analysis, comment and key data. We cover the entire UK retail sector, including, food, fashion, home and DIY, entertainment and general merchandise as well as e-tail, multi-channel, store interiors, finance, technology and property.
What we offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
More information provided on: careers.ascential.com/our-benefits
Retail Week is a part of the Ascential group.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products – increasingly offered both face to face and online - to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Click 'Apply' now.