Real Deals, Deputy Editor
Real Deals, Europe’s highly respected private equity title, is looking for a new deputy editor to join its team and play a leading role in taking the publication forward. We’re excited and committed to build on a highly-successful financial period for this influential brand.
We are looking for a journalist who has a strong news track record and knows how to produce great content online and in print. An important part of role is also to drive the title’s news and analysis coverage. You are either a section editor ready to take on a bigger role or a highly-capable reporter with a passion for editorial content who wants to apply your skills in a strategic position.
This a great opportunity for a talented trade journalist who wants who wants to take a senior role at a respected B2B title and direct its content agenda. The position is ideal for someone who is creative, able to take initiative and wants the freedom to make decisions and exercise judgement.
More about Real Deals
Real Deals is owned by Caspian Media, an award-winning media agency, events business and brand owner. Real Deals has been publishing for nearly 20 years and has built up a loyal, high-value readership that has continued to grow steadily over the years. The title publishes fortnightly in print, and daily online and via email.
You will play a key role in a talented, knowledgeable five-strong editorial team and alongside the editor take charge of producing off-diary news and high-quality analysis for Real Deals’ across all its channels.
- Work daily with the team to develop strong and distinctive news coverage for the web and email newsletter
- Work with the editor to shape the publication’s strategy, develop ideas for new types of content and growth initiatives
- Work with a team of reporters to improve their copy and news gathering skills
- Edit a range of copy from the team, from short news stories to 2,000-word features, ensuring articles are well-written, accurate and engaging
- Curate the Real Deals website, ensuring that content is properly displayed, headlines are strong, various sections are kept up to date and SEO best practice is adhered to
- Represent the publication at industry events and chair panels and roundtables
- Work closely with the sales team to deliver sponsored content and events
- Deputise for the editor as required
- Assist with production and page sign-off
Skills and experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in B2B journalism
- Experience as a section editor or similar role will be an advantage, but is not essential
- A proven track record of producing off-diary news and analysis on complex subjects for a business audience
- Experience covering M&A and/or asset management is a plus
- Extensive experience editing and producing engaging email newsletters
- Good people skills and the confidence to manage a team
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to set priorities on a busy newsdesk
- NCTJ qualified or equivalent
- Knowledge of best SEO practice
- Comfortable working with InDesign
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter stating your salary expectation.