Head of Corporate Communications – Global Leader in Transportation – Business level French required
This company is a world-famous and admired global leader in transportation, with offices in over 40 countries and employing over 16,000 staff worldwide. Since its inception two decades ago, it has grown by around 800%, making it the market leader in Europe and the Mediterranean.
In addition to be being a renowned leader on the world stage, the company is also highly praised for its charity work, contributions and commitment to quality and environmental responsibility, with several high profile charity partnerships.
The company is currently entering an exciting second stage of growth with a €9 billion Euro investment plan to continue its fast growth and domination of the market.
The Role –Head of Corporate Communications
This is a newly created role based out of the company’s headquarters in the DACH region. A unique opportunity for a highly motivated, globally minded communications professional to make a real impact on the company’s Corporate Communications framework at a critical juncture.
You must be: happy to relocate, comfortable with 30% of the role consisting of international travel; and have business level French.
The chosen candidate will be reporting to the Chief Communications Officer (CCO) and will be responsible for leading the development of the company’s corporate communications strategy and its implementation. You will manage a small in house team and play a key role in shaping, adapting and improving existing corporate communications practices globally, with a particular focus on business and trade media relations, reputation management and crisis communications preparedness.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Corporate Communications:
· Work in partnership with other critical business functions to develop the corporate communications strategy by translating the business goals into externally-facing corporate communications strategies and programs
· Work closely with the Chairman, CEO and the rest of the Senior Executive team, both at headquarters and across global markets, on key messaging points and delivery for media and other executive positioning opportunities
· Develop communications messaging platforms and works with internal and external teams across a multi-cultural organisation to develop reputation-strengthening story angles and lead delivery;
· Reach out to key journalists, alongside in-market globally based PR teams and agencies, to pitch and cultivate story developments
· Develop, implement and maintain appropriate metrics to evaluate impact and effectiveness of the function
· Native-level English and Business level French. Knowledge of German, Spanish, Italian is an advantage
· Confident, competitive communications leader with at least 10-15 years’ experience in delivering high-quality corporate communications ideally, but not limited to, within the hospitality industry or related sectors