Telegraph Media Group, Digital Sports Production Journalist
As a Digital Sports Production Journalist, you’ll be working as part of a fast-paced, creative digital sports team. You will publish content from UK’s leading sports writers and generate your own high quality journalism.
You’ll join a team which works closely together to produce the best sports coverage and support The Telegraph’s registration strategy.
This is a varied role where you’ll have the chance to work across a range of sports and contribute in all aspects of digital publishing.
- Producing online content to the highest possible standard, making use of multimedia elements
- Writing original features, blogs and liveblogs
- Curating and managing homepages
- Publishing content filed by a range of sports reporters
- Generating creative solutions to presenting content online
- Contributing to The Telegraph’s registration strategy
Essential skills required for the role
- Proven experience of an ability to write engagingly, preferably about sport, for an online audience
- Experience with content management systems
- Proven experience of digital publishing at a high level
- Quick, accurate subbing
- Broad knowledge of sport, particularly football, rugby union and cricket
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Understanding of social media and SEO
Additional skills useful for the role
- Spotting news and writing to a high standard at speed
- Strong news sense and judgment
What you can expect from The Telegraph if you’re the successful candidate
You will have the chance to work with the best sports team in the country, alongside some of the finest reporters and correspondents in the business. The Telegraph devotes more space to sport than any other newspaper. As well as a fantastic digital operation, it alone provides its readers with an award-winning stand-alone section every day of the week. We pride our ability always to work together to deliver the best sports coverage every day.
Click 'Apply' now.