Autovista Group, Web Editor
Summary of the role:
The Web Editor is responsible for ensuring that our newly launched and future websites are always current and that they provide insightful commentary and details of the latest developments in the automotive market as well as comprehensive dashboards that will appeal to our OEM / financial services and fleet customers.
You will need to liaise constantly with our data journalists and analysts to ensure that we are tracking key events in the industry and providing regular thought leadership pieces. You will be responsible for ensuring that the content remains fresh and inspiring to all our users.
You will be responsible for overseeing the layout (images, graphics, videos) as well as writing / editing / proof-reading articles and promoting via social media. You will be responsible for sharing website analytics internally and working with editorial and marketing to improve the usage / stickiness of each site.
Keep websites fresh and interesting
- Ensure the home / section pages are regularly updated (ideally weekly for section pages, daily for homepages)
- Create latest topics on home / section pages to pull together content on knotty questions of seismic importance to automotive professionals
- Create or commission internally exciting new content – words, images, dashboards, video – to driver subscribers / prospects to the website and increase usage
- Liaise with internal staff (Daily Brief editor, data journalist, local editors and analysts, marketing etc) to co-ordinate writing schedule and edit pieces as necessary to ensure copy has appropriate tone of voice.
- Interview external industry contacts for thought leadership pieces – and weave in commentary from our internal teams to deliver original stories
- Write up slides / interviews / conference speeches that our teams have delivered to external audiences or magazines for our websites or daily newsletters
- Be proactive on social media to promote insight pieces through all relevant channels
- Create, size and treat images / video for optimal impact on our websites
- Keep image / video library up-to-date and police archiving and filing by editors using Drupal
Keeping on top of what’s important
- Keep abreast of all the latest news and developments in the automotive industry as well as the economic and regulatory developments in Europe
- Develop industry contacts (senior execs, RV managers, economists etc) to use as sounding boards for commentaries as well as for original quotes, where relevant
- Attend internal / client meetings and external events as necessary
Skills, knowledge, experience and behaviours:
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects simultaneously and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills with special emphasis on English grammar and spelling
- Strong editing skills
- Strong design skills
- Excellent knowledge and proficient user of all Adobe packages, specifically InDesign, Acrobat and Photoshop and Flash and HTML
- Highly Proficient user of Microsoft packages
- Drupal knowledge preferable
- Tableau knowledge preferable
- Video journalism / editing preferable
- Positive, conscientious, can-do attitude
- Flexible / adaptable to change
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Team player
- Embraces a challenge
- Keen learner
To apply, please send you CV and covering letter by completing the application form below.
Apply for Autovista Group, Web Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly