Risk.net, Journalist (London or Hong Kong)
Infopro Digital are one of the world’s leading B2B publishers in professional information and digital services companies, with 2,700 employees and over 50+ brands covering automobile, manufacturing and engineering, retail and e-commerce, insurance and finance, construction and architecture, tourism, and government authorities. An international presence which includes a vibrant culture and offices in London, New York, Hong Kong and Paris.
The last decade has seen dramatic change in risk management at banks and other financial institutions, as well as regulatory upheaval in the derivatives markets through which many risks are transferred. Risk.net covers these topics in more depth than any other publication.
Driven by growing subscription revenue, Risk.net prides itself on its editorial independence and on giving readers information and analysis they cannot get anywhere else – principles that have supported the brand since the launch of Risk magazine 30 years ago.
We are seeking an experienced staff writer for our risk management desk, capable of digging up exclusive news stories and writing in-depth features on topics spanning market, credit and operational risk.
Your beat is the engine room of Risk.net’s coverage. We report on everything from high-profile blow-ups – rogue trading losses, model risk failures – to the finer points of the new market risk capital framework. You will comfortable talking to banks and regulators at the highest level, drawing on existing relationships with these contacts as well as forging new ones.
Our articles try to answer basic questions for our readers: what are my competitors doing? What do my clients want? What do my regulators expect? We look to blend good storytelling with technical detail, and break news under the noses of competitors.
The role will be based in either London or Hong Kong. Further international travel will be required and flexibility will be required.
- Financial journalism experience is essential.
- Ability to interpret complex topics.
- Interest in developing a deep understanding of the markets that Risk.net covers.
- Interested in writing in-depth and exclusive coverage on technically complex subjects
- A self-starter with a good news sense, and an enthusiastic, open-minded approach to your coverage.
What's on offer
We operate a culture where success is recognised and rewarded. You will be supported throughout your career via internal and external training courses, and on-the-job training.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (rising up to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan (STL)
- Childcare vouchers
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonusly employee recognition
- Employee discount scheme
- Onsite monthly chair massage
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Vodafone employee advantage scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible working
- Additional life assurance
- Bike to work
- Buying holiday
- Cancer screenings
- Critical illness (+ partner)
- Dental insurance
- Give as you earn
- Add partner to gym membership
- Health cash plan
- Health screening
- Personal accident insurance
- Personal travel insurance
- Will writing
Infopro Digital also runs The Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Risk.net, Journalist (London or Hong Kong)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly