Dow Jones, Events Intern (London)
Are you an undergraduate looking to spend a summer in Industry within an events team, part of a regional marketing team, of a Global Media business?
Do you possess excellent communication skills and a passion for the News/Information Industry?
If so then we want to hear from you!
Who are we?
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world.
As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television-- including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, Financial News, MarketWatch and DJX, our flagship news and analytics platform.
Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
What is my personal contribution?
- Support on all EMEA events (Dow Jones, Wall Street Journal, Financial News): Email marketing, organizing collateral, helping with logistics/couriers, calling delegates, tracking registrants, helping on-site (evening work when required), organizing distribution of publications
- Maintain event kit inventory and supplies (stands, banners, premiums and literature etc)
- Supporting third party conferences: Managing logistics of shipment of stands and collateral to locations across EMEA including stand set-up for London/UK based conferences (early morning work when required)
- Production of creative assets: Initial brief, trafficking and proofing through internal project management system
- Guestlist management: Management of various guest lists and delegate registrations, alongside associated pre, post and onsite reporting
- Small vendor management: Management of badging and photography requirements
- Supplier research: venues, photography, videography, caterers, AV and production, entertainment, event technology
- Premium & collateral management: Management of EMEA premiums including placing orders, keeping an inventory, and shipping to global offices and external events
- Post event analysis: reporting, feedback review, year on year metrics
- General administration: Maintaining and updating events calendar, preparing briefing docs, organising filing system, cataloguing photos and videos, invoice processing,,, general enquiries, administrative ad-hoc tasks
How do you apply?
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please click 'Apply' to submit your CV which must state your salary expectations to be considered to the link below.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).