LBC, Senior Social Media Editor
Reporting to: Audience Development Director and Managing Editor of lbc.co.uk.
Overall Purpose and Objectives:
The purpose of this role is to help manage and lead social media for LBC. You’ll focus on developing LBC’s presence across key social platforms through the creation and optimization of content for social. Strong writing and video editing skills are essential for this role, as well as a passion for news and a strong understanding of social analytics.
- Stay on top of the latest trends and conversations with a focus on driving growth and relevancy of LBC content across all key social platforms.
- Generate ideas and produce social content with a strong focus on driving user interaction, sharing and web traffic. This should include multi-media content with a heavy focus on video across all platforms.
- Optimise LBC’s post engagement on social media using a variety of tools and processes such as A/B testing.
- Build LBC’s Instagram audience through posts and Stories.
- Increase LBC’s social video views.
- Adapting and optimising LBC’s content for social.
- Focus on the growth and monetisation of Twitter videos.
- Help research and develop sections which would bring new verticals to LBC.
- Work closely with wider social team and Audience Development Director on the ongoing development of Global’s Feed First social strategy.
- Note, the role is full time, based in our London office and is on a rolling freelance contract.
Apply by completing the application form below.