AllianzGI, Communications Manager
Communications Manager, UK and Northern Europe
AllianzGI is one of the world’s leading active investment managers. The position provides an opportunity to contribute to AllianzGI’s efforts to increase its brand recognition and reputation globally.
This role is for a communications/PR generalist, who will help deliver the company’s ambitious media relations, internal communications and social media goals. This person will work closely with executives and experts around the globe to realize media hooks and develop multimedia materials for external and internal channels.
The right candidate will have the agility to help deliver AllianzGI’s social media goals in English-language markets covered by the business.
Role & responsibilities
- Builds close relationships with key journalists across national, international and broadcast media, as well as the specialist financial trade press.
- Acts as a responsive first point of contact for in-bound and out-bound, day-to-day press engagement; arranges and staffs media meetings
- Proactively identifies upcoming news hooks from AllianzGI’s global organisation, crafting articles and commentary for external and internal channels
- Writes and oversees distribution of media announcements, as well as helping maintain targeted media distribution lists
- Supports delivery of events for media
- Active in social media
- Develops a vibrant calendar of internal communication activities, overseeing an active schedule of events and internal publications, supporting the delivery of AllianzGI’s Global Internal Communications plans.
Key relationships within Communications
- Global communications colleagues
- Collaborates with the Global Head of Media and the Investment Insights team to plan, create and distribute investment content globally
- Cooperates closely with other regional communicators to take advantage of ‘multi-national’ media opportunities
- Works closely with colleagues to amplify social media content
Other key relationships outside Communications
- Senior spokespeople
- Portfolio managers, across Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-asset and Alternative Investments in any of AllianzGI’s 25 global centres of competence
- Colleagues in Sales & Marketing
- Allianz UK communicators’ group, to ensure alignment across the wider Allianz business
Experience / qualifications and skills
- A track record of effective media relations 3+ years relevant experience since graduating – agency or in-house
- Proven intercultural skills and an international outlook
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, able to communicate ideas in different formats and situations for different audiences
- Strong news sense, and interest in social media
- Knowledge of financial topics desirable as well as interest in global current affairs
Apply by completing the application form below.
About Allianz Global Investors
Allianz Global Investors is one of the world’s leading active investment managers, employing more than 2,700 people across 25 locations worldwide, managing around EUR 500 billion in assets for individuals, families and institutions around the world.
Apply for AllianzGI, Communications Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly