Financial News, Summer 2018 Reporting Internships (London)
3 days left
- Full Time
Duration: 10 Weeks
Start Date: Flexible, no later than July 2018
Financial News, the leading publication for the banking and investment industries in the City of London, is offering an internship program for enthusiastic, skilled journalists ready to take their careers further.
Successful candidates will work across a range of functions in our digital-first newsroom, gathering impeccable experience along the way.
You should expect to write, conceive and publish stories; help arrange special sections and events; and work in print and online. Digital journalism skills are welcome. An interest in financial journalism is very helpful. An inquisitive mind and an eye for a story is a must.
When you join Financial News, you become part of Dow Jones, the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world.
As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Barron’s, MarketWatch and The Wall Street Journal. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
What we need from you?
- You must be a recent graduate or in your second or third year of university studying a relevant degree discipline
- Previous relevantinternshipor part-time work experience is a plus
- Proactive with a demonstrable "can do" attitude and ability to adapt in a fast changing environment
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication, organizational and follow-up skills with a strong attention to detail
- A tenacity to be a success and be the best
How can I apply? - If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please click 'Apply' to submit your CV and covering letter along with either a YouTube video telling us “Why we should choose you to be the 2018 Financial News business intern ” or a 4 slide PowerPoint telling us: “What does our publication, Financial News, mean to you?”.