Dow Jones, Content Operations Specialist - English and Japanese (Singapore)
This position sits within Data Strategy's Content & Data Management team, which contains our VentureSource, Company & Executive, Content and Market Data teams.
The Content subgroup is responsible for developing, processing, monitoring and managing content within Factiva products and services. The group ensures timely and accurate delivery of content and effective dissemination of information to customers, publishers and PIB colleagues.
The Content Operations Specialist is responsible for ensuring smooth passage of content from information providers to Factiva products. He/she has responsibility for ensuring that content is loaded to Factiva products according to established standards of timeliness and completeness.
In addition, the Content Operations Specialist is responsible for quickly and accurately responding to questions raised by both internal and external clients as well as by information providers. Although not a technical position, this job requires an ability to understand data formats (XML, HTML, ASCII, etc.) and data delivery methods (FTP, HTTP, etc.)
Note: This is not a suitable position for programmer or developers.
- Monitor the arrival of content through electronic content processing systems and verify that key content is available on Factiva products per expected arrival time.
- Maintain and develop relationships with information providers with a view of improving data delivery.
- Follow up with information providers in the event of data problems.
- Research into and resolve Customer Service questions regarding delivery delays, article display, content coverage, etc.
- Fix files containing inaccurate or corrupt data via content management tools.
- Quickly & efficiently handle requests for deletion and correction of news articles.
- Liaise with Content Information to maintain the accuracy of Content Database, the central repository of Factiva's content collection of 33,000 sources
- Liaise with Content Development regarding data format issues to ensure that new and existing sources are displayed to the highest standard on all Factiva products.
- Liaise with Content Licensing regarding loading of new content and other delivery issues.
- Calendar of Economic Indicators - research and update selected major economic indicators from Taiwan and Japan.
Key Relationships Internally and Externally:
- Works directly with information providers to ensure accurate and timely receipt and display of content on Factiva.
- Works with internal Content teams (Content Information, Content Development) to onboard new content sets for Factiva and to maintain the content database.
- Works with Factiva technologists to troubleshoot content delivery issues and to test and develop content management tools.
- Works with Content Licensing to resolve business issues pertaining to Factiva content.
- Works with customer-facing staff (Customer Service, Sales) to swiftly resolve customer questions.
Experience and Qualifications
- College degree or related work experience.
- Excellent communication, customer service and relationship building skills.
- Strong listening and conversational skills.
- Computer literacy with a familiarity of G Suite (formerly Google Apps for Work) and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of data formats (XML, HTML) and data delivery methods (FTP, HTTP)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- High attention to details and solid organizational skills with an ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks.
- Flexible approach to work environment.
- Language skills: English and one of the following languages: Chinese, Japanese or Korean.
The successful candidate must be willing to work on Singapore's public holidays and also start work at 7am during Daylight Saving months on a rotational basis.
Click 'Apply' if you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation please submit your CV which must state your current salary and expectations to be considered
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).