Soho House & Co, European Content Editor (Berlin)
Reports to: Group Head of Content
A Berlin-based position in the Soho House support office, the European content editor will work closely with the creative and content director, group head of content, UK and US content editors and the wider Soho House teams to lead and facilitate both public and member-facing Europe-focused content for Soho House, primarily across web and app, but also print.
The editor will be a well-presented, charismatic and creative individual who is highly motivated and will proactively come to the table with ideas, insights, great editorial contacts and thoughtful input for overall brand objectives.
A positive, can-do attitude and great digital experience are essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a clear and consistent tone of voice across all Soho House editorial
- Ensure website and app copy is free of errors and on-brand
- Editing European content; ensuring the website and app are up to date and engaging
- Participate in brainstorms and contribute thoughtful, creative ideas for story ideas, coverage angles, etc.
- Work closely with the wider content team, both UK and global, on the development of content strategy and ideas
- Manage network of freelance writers across Berlin, Amsterdam, Istanbul and Barcelona
- Help fulfil ad hoc copy requests across the business
- Managing, commissioning and where necessary writing all European digital editorial content
- Writing member event listing copy for all European Houses
- Working with photo editor and design team to commission photo shoots to accompany features and helping source imagery
- Working with content team to assist production of engaging video content
- Editing and uploading content onto CMS
- Managing day-to-day maintenance, CMS updates and digital content, including homepage
- Compile weekly email campaigns for European, U27 and Cities Without Houses members
- Contribute ideas and occasional features to Soho House print publications, House Notes and Around The Houses
- Manage monthly digital commissioning budget and process invoices
- Work with UK and US content editors to ensure all territories are aligned and to commission, write and edit content for Cities Without Houses members
- Write/edit/commission ad hoc content for the business from City Guides to copy for new Houses and special projects
- Compile weekly traffic and newsletter reports
- Work closely with social team to ensure content is well represented across SH social channels and that the editorial and social strategies are aligned
Skills & Expertise
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of CMS
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Working knowledge of email marketing campaign software (we use Campaign Monitor
- CMS, HTML, Campaign Monitor, Google Analytics and Photoshop.
Apply by completing the application form below.