Optimum Strategic Communications, Account Manager
Optimum Strategic Communications (Optimum) is an international healthcare communications firm, based in London which specialises in investor relations, corporate and financial communications. We specialise in developing clear outcome driven strategies with tailored communications programmes to help clients achieve their business goals.
Our team of healthcare specialists includes communications experts, ex-fund managers and analysts who are experienced and trusted advisors to some of the world’s most exciting public and private companies across pharmaceuticals, medtech, biotech, digital health and healthcare services.
We are looking for an ambitious PR professional for an Account Manager role to join our thriving team and will have the opportunity to contribute on a range of clients within the life sciences sector.
Role & Responsibilities
- Act as the main point of contact on specific client accounts - this includes liaising with clients on a regular basis and submitting RNS releases
- Coordinating and organising client roadshows, roundtables and R&D Days
- Organising logistics around financial results including setting up media and analyst calls, webinars and media interviews
- Creating and managing media monitoring, status reports, agendas and coverage reports
- Playing an active role in client meetings, PR strategy formulation, account planning and evaluation
- Drafting press releases, Q&As and client collateral, from factsheets to presentations
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key media. Arranging and mediating client media interviews, briefing clients accordingly
- Researching and implementing new media strategies for clients including advice on website content and social media
Skills, Experience & Personnel Attributes
- Strong financial PR credentials gained from working in a consultancy or in-house -2 years’ experience preferred
- Good written communication and an understanding or/interest in the Life Sciences is essential
- knowledge of key publications relevant to our clients to support PR programmes preferred
- A well-presented communicator, both verbally and written; with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to both prioritise and multitask effectively under time constraints, to ensure smooth day to day operation
- Educational Requirements: Degree educated
- Language Skills: English (fluent), other languages e.g. German an advantage
- Advanced IT knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook); production of PowerPoint presentations to a professional level using templates
- Familiarity and competency in social media (e.g. Twitter and LinkedIn)
- An individual that shows initiative and takes responsibility for planning and organising their own work
- A team-player who can work flexibly within a team and will seek help when appropriate
- An individual that embraces change and is quickly able to adapt to team needs/demands and priorities to deliver to set/multiple deadlines
Optimum can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
For more information and to apply in confidence, please complete the application form below.
Apply for Optimum Strategic Communications, Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly