RealBusiness.co.uk & BusinessAdvice.co.uk, SEO Editor
RealBusiness.co.uk and BusinessAdvice.co.uk are among the most-read business publications in the UK - and still growing! We have a diverse team of talented and experienced journalists who publish the best coverage of business features and entrepreneurial stories and we’re now looking for an SEO Editor to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a real passion for digital storytelling, and an interest in entrepreneurship and the business world.
You’ll be a key player in the newsroom, as the go-to person for journalists on the team seeking advice or improvements to articles.
You are currently either an SEO manager, a content marketer, a digital journalist or data journalist, looking for a leadership role where you will have the opportunity to influence strategy.
- Take part in daily editorial meetings, alert staff to high-traffic opportunities and report on the top SEO keywords driving traffic
- Make recommendations to journalists for relevant keywords and keyword combinations to target on articles
- Report daily on top pages/articles driving SEO traffic and be accountable for improving these figures in line with our strategy
- Plan future articles and events by building out topics and doing keyword research for upcoming events or high-profile interviews
- Monitor trending data for each content pillar on both sites and make informed recommendations to the journalists
- Optimise top pages and evergreen content for relevant keywords
- Forward link top traffic driving pages to other more recent articles
- Monitor daily content cycle and ensure relevant cross-linking in articles
- Edit/ensure articles and pages are correctly tagged and categorised
- Edit/ensure that picture captions are optimised and include crawlable data
- Edit/include metadata on topics and articles
- Come up with ideas for editorial initiatives that help RealBusiness.co.uk and BusinessAdvice.co.uk reach a wider audience
- Write features and/or news stories when required
- Keep track of the latest developments in SEO
- Editorial background in a digital publishing environment
- Experience optimising websites for SEO
- Familiar with a range of analytics, keyword research and other SEO tools
- Experience of working within Wordpress
Does this sound like you? If yes then please apply below now.
About RealBusiness.co.uk and BusinessAdvice.co.uk
Launched in 1996 as a monthly print magazine by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs, Real Business is a digital publication that tells the truth about SME life. We are one of the most-read business sites in the UK, reaching around 240,000 monthly users, most of whom are entrepreneurs at the helm of growing businesses with 10-500 employees.
BusinessAdvice.co.uk is a digital publication specifically designed for UK’s micro business owners who employ up to 9 people. These readers are unique and underserved, and BusinessAdvice.co.uk provides them with the motivation, advice, and news specific to their needs. We reach around 60,000 users monthly and are steadily growing.
Our readers want creative, inspiring business content and practical tips to help them grow their businesses.
Across both titles, we produce news features that provide incisive industry-specific insight, expert advice from big names in the business world, inspirational interview-based profiles of UK SME owners and leading opinions in the industry.
About Caspian Media
Real Business and Business Advice are part of Caspian Media, which specialises in digital and print B2B content creation, business event production and management, and advertising sales.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter by completing the application form below, summing up who you are, what you plan to do if you had complete autonomy over optimising both sites, your salary expectation and potential start date.