Soho House & Co, Group Head of Creative & Design
Soho House are looking for a Group Head of Creative & Design to join the inhouse Creative team based in London.
Reporting into the Creative & Design Director, the successful applicant will work on a wide range of design projects for our brands including editorial, graphic design, digital and art direction as well as managing the workflow of the global team.
The role requires an experienced designer to produce all types of creative for Soho House, ensuring all materials are on-brand and beautifully executed.
The role will involve a diverse output covering everything from branding and logos, digital and print editorial, restaurant collateral and menus, printed collateral, photography and video shoot production, illustration and photographic art direction, event invitations and collateral, digital design, signage and wayfinding - and everything in-between. A diverse portfolio of experience is essential to this role.
You will need to manage a small but growing team of graphic designers based in the UK, NYC and Berlin, ensuring that work is completed on time and mentoring the team to improve their skills. At the same time you will work on your own design projects, so the ability to multitask is a must.
This is a varied role that would suit a well-rounded senior designer who is eager to move to the next level, improve their managerial style and expand their print and digital skills. Our new team member will be part of a small, collaborative group of designers based in our London office, who work with every part of our company globally, and aim to deliver exceptional design on every project. There will be some opportunities to travel between our sites.
You will be expected to create and maintain good working relationships with key people within the business, as well as external companies. There will be some opportunities to travel between our sites each year to maintain our standards globally. You must be able to work fast and accurately under pressure, and handle multiple projects at once.
What we’re looking for…
- A highly creative individual with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a creative agency or in-house role
- An approachable, down-to-earth management style, who will ensure that our team is working on the same agenda towards a common goal
- Someone who is highly motivated and will proactively come to the table with ideas, insights and thoughtful input for overall brand objectives
- A broad portfolio that demonstrates a core range of skills in identity, typography, editorial, layout, digital and art direction
- Photography & film art direction experience - commissioning and working with photographers & video teams to direct food/interiors/people shoots
- Experience in commissioning illustration for editorial and digital
- Digital experience including design for the web, apps, newsletters etc
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (inDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc) and interest in new technology, processes and developments
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Offic
- Knowledge of print processes and production
- A sharp eye for detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to make quick decisions and find solutions to problems, while spinning many plates at once
- A flexible & resilient approach to work with the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- A passion for the pillars of Soho House – hospitality, food & drink, travel, community and culture
Apply by completing the application form below.
About Soho House
Founded in London in 1995 as a home for the creative community, Soho House has private member clubs, restaurants, gyms, hotels and co-working spaces. We have members spread across the globe, and are working on many new opening in the next few years including sites in Asia.
Apply for Soho House & Co, Group Head of Creative & Design
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly