The Glossary, Digital Editor
The Glossary is currently seeking a talented digital editor to work with the editorial director and art director to manage, lead and launch a digital-first iteration of the magazine.
The ideal candidate will have first-class editing experience, ability to work quickly on deadline and a passion for producing compelling digital content that attracts a premium HNW audience. In-depth knowledge of London’s arts & culture, design, food & drink scenes as well as a thorough understanding of luxury fashion, beauty, wellness, interiors and travel.
An excellent writer and ideas generator, the digital editor will have bulging contacts book of PRs and an innate understanding of what makes content compulsive and shareable. They will have solid, proven experience working across both online and social-media platforms for both desktop and mobile, and be adept at moving seamlessly between editorial and commercial projects with flair.
A digital native obsessive, the ideal candidate will have experience of working within a fast-paced digital environment, with proven CMS publishing skills and the ability to manage a growing team. They will commission, edit and produce must-read content for a social audience, to ensure all content is cohesive, on brand, fully optimised for search and to the highest possible standard.
Working to a flexible schedule, the position will suit a dynamic and driven journalist with a passion for seeking out the very best London has to offer.
- To be continually one step ahead, overseeing and bringing in news, content and partnerships that fully represent The Glossary brand and reflects our HNW readers
- Manage the website’s production schedule
- Write, pitch, assign, edit and package a broad range of original digital stories including relevant breaking news and conversation-starting pieces
- Adapt, optimise, proof-read and publish content on The Glossary website as well as respective social media platforms.
- Manage a daily upload system that encompasses marketing collateral including newsletters and events and commercial offers, plus social-media platforms including Instagram.
- Forward planning and management of editorial & social calendars to create synergy with the print publication and social media
- Call upon industry experts and influencers to bring in extra content
- Update and optimise articles for SEO search
- Create traffic reports
- Liaise with the magazine team to leverage print content for online
- Co-ordinate content publication across platforms
- Assist and advise the digital assistant and writers to ensure smooth workflow
- Act as primary point-of-contact for any magazine digital projects
- Represent The Glossary at events and launches when required
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of writing and editing experience in digital publishing
- High levels of understanding of on-page SEO, and good understanding of keyword strategy, and the ability to both put this into practice
- Proven experience of using data analytics and creation of regular, detailed traffic reports
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape and keenness to stay abreast of changes
- Experience of managing and growing a digital audience across multiple platforms including Instagram
- Strong editorial judgment about content, accuracy, tone and organisation
- Strong visual judgment about photography and imagery
- Keen creative mind with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Flexibility and tact when dealing with client requests
- A bulging contacts book of key PRs, writers, experts and influencers
- Superb organisational skills and ability to meet daily deadlines
- Strong understanding of the audience and always writing with the reader in mind. Keenness to stay informed, seeking out data and insight about the audience to inform content
- Strong commercial awareness and experience of working with commercial teams on digital campaigns
- Willingness to go above and beyond the role to ensure meeting targets and driving the brand forward, demonstrating high levels of commitment and flexibility
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for The Glossary, Digital Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly