GQ.co.uk, News and Features Editor
GQ is looking for a senior editor to commission and edit news stories, features stories, imagery and videos for publishing on GQ.co.uk, GQ magazine, GQ’s social media presence and our YouTube channel.
We aim to continue the rapid growth of GQ.co.uk and our other digital platforms by offering high-quality content designed to ensure our discerning audience remains fully engaged. The role of News and Features Editor is central to this task.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Commissioning compelling stories that are timely, original and have a clear GQ angle.
- Planning coverage of upcoming news events, and informing the editorial team about relevant topics.
- Writing high quality stories and scripts that excite and inform our readers, to strict deadlines.
- Editing copy from our many contributors, ensuring they always meet our high standards.
- Advising team members on web publishing techniques.
- Analysing traffic data to inform their own and other team members’ decisions.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Prolific writer, avid reader and confident editor.
- The ability to sense a good story or features idea and discard a bad one.
- A positive attitude and excitement about the possibilities of online publishing.
- Minimum three to five years of experience of working on leading news and features websites.
- Evidence of successful use of social media and video to tell stories.
- An ability to mine data to inform editorial decisions.
- Experience with relevant content management systems.
- Firm competence with SEO tools like Google Trends, Hitwise, Crowdtangle or equivalent.
- Hobbies and interests outside journalism.
Click 'Apply' now.